Thursday, February 10, 2005

Extra Credit!!!!! Do I still have a teensy crush on Barry Manilow?

There I was, sitting on my aging and really should be doing something other than watching Ali McBeal on TV hind end, when two bars into "It's a miracle" another of those weird take me back a couple of decades moments happened.  Barry, that voice, those magic fingers on piano keys time machine of a man sang and the years just fell off. (That those years landed all over the floor and I later felt compelled to pick them back up is not the point of this entry, but the way life is. Years left laying about the living room floor create disorder and what if some visitor stumbles over one of the more awkward ones?)

I was back to an age that ends in teen.  I wish that I could say that I sprang from the couch and went for a three mile run, I didn't, but I felt that I could. Better than anti wrinkle cream and support hose that man and his music is.  How could I not have a crush ... (again)?

3 comments:

shadp said...

Ah yes.... if music be the food of love, play on! The sounds of yesteryear can be so emotive - turning mature and wise old farts like me into daft idiots, at the drop of a needle onto vinyl! Love the image of past years lying scattered about on the floor of your home!

David.

cneinhorn said...

ahh...yep, me too!  

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl

karensull12 said...

I'm proud to say I know lots of Barry Manilow songs and even went to see him in concert way back when...