Friday, February 18, 2005

Weekend Assignment #48 WHEN PETS ATTACK!!!

Weekend Assignment #48: Recount an amusing tale of a pet attacking someone or something. By "amusing," I mean that a) no one was seriously injured, least of all the pet (pet humiliation is okay), b) you laughed about it at the time, or sometime shortly thereafter. You know: Funny! Okay, then.

Boink!

After racing at top speed to me, puppy leaps into the air all four legs extended, bounces off me, then runs off laughing.

Boink.

To dispel the attack I have to be paying attention and say, as he is running full speed towards me, "don't you boink into me!" If I do -- he just buzzes me, otherwise, Boink!

The above captured boink was staged. Puppy is quite the ham.

3 comments:

shadp said...

LOL - well you certainly kept the camera steady throughout that boink! Lovely dog, by the way. And where did the rat get the chocolates anyway?

David.

thisismary said...

The camera was steady because puppy was humoring me.  In a real BOINK sneak attack I believe the whole point is to send me reeling.  Oddly, he only does this with me, and while I don't find it particularly funny, everyone who sees him do it to me finds it hysterical.

Re: the rat.  ummm, chocolates?  I may have simultaneously gotten a little attached and started praying for rat intervention via hawk.  I am telling you right now if that rat moves any closer to the house, I won't be waiting for the air force!

cneinhorn said...

LOL.....great footage....can't stop giggling...cute poochie too  ;-)

~JerseyGirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl