Saturday, July 2, 2005

Answers to the Saturday Six

1. A stray dog wonders into your yard, obviously weak, hungry and thirsty.  He is a very friendly dog, but if you feed it or give it water, you know that the dog won't leave your yard and you'll end up keeping him.  If you don't help the animal, he might die.  What do you do?

And if this hungry thirsty dog leaves to face certain death, I am supposed to live with myself -- uh how again? Is this a serious question?

2. You must lose one of the following:  a foot, a hand, an eye or an ear.  Which would you get rid of and why?

Disposable body parts, Huh. Do I have to just toss the chosen part off of, say, a bridge over a heavily trafficd roadway -- or can I make the donation useful?  An eye if it can go to an eyebank and give someone sight, and I must add, one truly unusual blazing blue eye. 

3. Scalzi of "
By the Way" recently posted about the top unanswered questions in science today.  Click here and scroll down to the list of the top 25 biggest mysteries:  which one would you MOST like to have answered?

The question that I want answered is why can't those scientists ever ask fun questions?  Like how many whoopie cushions will it take to make a political convention fun?  Sigh.  Ok.

Do Deeper Principles Underlie Quantum Uncertainty and Nonlocality?

I have to go with a question that hints at depths underlying concepts described in words that I don't understand. Always go with the incomprehensible, that is my motto!

4. Joe, our AOL Journals Editor, says blogs are boring:  either everyone talks about pretty much the same topics, or regular people lead dull lives, he suggests.  So what keeps you reading other people's blogs?

Joe has not read my blog, clearly.  My blog may be boring but it is boring like no one else's. So there.  And!

Shaz.  Insane. Entertaining. Lives in Glasgow for the love of Mike!

David.  Perpetually desparing but in such an endearing way!

Mrs. L. - A read that needs no explanation.

The rest on my list, boring?  I think not. Joe needs to do more reading.

5. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #57 from Lisa:  You are writing a bestseller book.  What kind of book is it (romance, mystery, science fiction, action adventure, historical, gothic, classic, fiction, non fiction, biography, other) ?   What is your main character's first name and the setting in which it will take place?  And give us a one sentence tidbit about the plot ...   

A Gothic Non Fiction collection of wisdom from an aging pet groomer and psycic consultant who believes that life, like hair, can always be improved by teasing, tweaking and several layers of shelac.

6. READER'S CHOICE QUESTION #58 from
Mary:  Jim Elliot once said, "When it comes time to die...make sure all you got to do is die."  What do you have to do or would like to do before you die? Make a list of at least 6 things.  And since you made the list.. will  you actually try to accomplish those things?

1. Have one "good hair" day.

2. Have a burial outfit that is not marred by stains of grease, oil, paint or muddy paw prints.

3. Six things?  Hey, I will be dead, like it is going to matter to me if things I lived with my whole life aren't corrected before I die.   This is why I swore tomyself that I would never play the "Saturday Six" as much as I love to read other people's answers.  Not a big rule follower, not I, not I.  Mary, Mary, quite contrary - they wrote that song about me yanno.

5 comments:

southernmush said...

Hello again....I would have to keep the dog, I wouldn't want to dispose of any of my body parts as I have gotten used to having body parts, Joe is wrong blogs are not boring well maybe not all some political blogs leave me yawning and looking for the nearest bed to fall in.

What keeps me reading ? Interesting thought provoking blogs such as yours and others. Your blog is not boring nowhere near boring. Your blog always keeps me reading. Joe needs to do further research !! I prefer romance, fiction, non fiction, classic and adventure.

I will answer more of your questions at another time... Tell Joe to keep reading he needs to recheck his facts.

shaz19743 said...

Yano i have never done a saturday six yet but i think i might have a go at this one in my blog .Abridged version
1.i save the stray dog like theres a choice
2. can i loose the extra chin i seem to be cultivating instead ?ok ok an ear and grow my hair .
3.lovin the whoopie cushion idea id but like u id pick one that the words were to long in cause that way id learn something new .
4.Joe shmoooooo this guys obviously not READING the blogs i am ....thanks for the mention mary ....and your blog isnt boring its interesting touching funny and just toooooo beautiful !
5.im buying your book already , you got me at psychic pet groomer ! already im thiking how different is this idea .....mines would be called " Ladies out of order " the story of a glasgow pub and its women regulars from the 60year old cleaner jeannie who cleans the loos to the 30 something bar maid who dreams of a life on the road in a band .
6. IM TOOOO YOUNG TO DIEEEEEEEEEE ...ahem couch panic over .....i got a list as long as my arm ....but you Mary ...you have done more than i have in 30 years or ever will x

jevanslink said...

Your everyday life is a fave of mine, Mary. Funny, insightful, beautifully written.  And covered in grease.  But in a good way.  Joe can go pound sand. Mrs. L

shadp said...

Truly thought-provoking stuff here! But, to try and answer any of it would be like writing a thesis for a Doctor of Philosophy's final exam! Food for thought though - and I won't sleep tonight now!

David.

southernmush said...

Hello Mary...I am back from my trip with my parents which was a nice one. I am catching up with all the journals I love which yours is one of them. Your blog is far from boring I find it wonderful and interesting to read. I continue to read your blog time and time and time again which should say something to Jon. I really like your blog it is a daily read for me but over the weekend I was out of town but I am back and enjoying my reading of your blog once again. I would like you to keep writing....Thanks again