Sunday, July 17, 2005

Bird Question

Quick wave and a hug for Mrs. L. who chose me as a guest editor's pick.  Thank you, thank you!  I will try (very soon) to add entries that live up to your high opinion!

Now for the bird question.  What North American dove is very similar in shape and stance to a mourning dove, but a little bigger, distinctly blue grey instead of brown or olive and is rose or redish underneath? Is that a color variation of the mourning dove?  Or should I drag my camera out and document the flock of 10 that I spent last week hanging out with?  Bird people, opinions?

10 comments:

southernmush said...

Hello.......Congratulations on being picked as Mrs. L.'s guest editor's pick you deserve it. I really love your journal and all of your writing. I always look forward to reading your journal every time I come. I really find that your journal should be read by people everywhere. I look forward to reading more of your journal in the future. Take care Mary and keep writing.......

blondepennierae said...

Cogratulations on being chosen a guest editor's pick.  I've spent some time reading and getting acquainted and I have really enjoyed myself.  Pennie

thisismary said...

Thanks Pennie!!!    
And as always, a wave to mush!!!!

shaz19743 said...

Heyyyyy Mary .....your famous ! Well kinda famous ! Well deserved ed's pick and glad to see your getting the readers u always deserved x

jevanslink said...

Pigeons perhaps?  Oh, and you're welcome.  My pleasure.  Mrs. L

shadp said...

Great to see you where you belong at last - among the Editor's picks! The view from your farm house window is unique and eccentric - and so refreshing! It's a view I've never seen before, and my life is infinitely better for it - seriously. As for those alien doves - yep, time to drag the camera out I guess.

David.

oceanmrc said...

Mary, I have NO IDEA what those birds are.

plieck30 said...

"Congratulations" on being in the guest editor's pick. I will look forward to reading more. Paula

mlrhjeh said...

Great job with your journal!
I have enjoyed your entries and photo's.

Mary Louise

http://journals.aol.com/mlrhjeh/WatchingMySisterDisappear

http://journals.aol.com/mlrhjeh/MARYLOUISESPHOTOSHOOT/

delela1 said...

Good question Mary.  Stumped me.  When are you going to reveal the answer?

Dona