Friday, September 16, 2005

Morning Fog - Hocking Hills

 

Three photos above were taken betwixt trucks one morning this week.  Southern Ohio, hills, sunrise and fog.  Beautiful!  The fog forms around the river and moves around sometimes so thick that I can barely see anything then thinner to reveal just the tops of the hills.  Eventually, the fields and trees come into view, often to be hidden again by the fog. To me it is as if nature understands that the beauty of a September sunrise is too much to take in all at once, so she sends fog to ease the eyes into the sight.

7 comments:

gdireneoe said...

I can't decide which I enjoyed more...your pictures, or your desription of them. ;)  C.  http://journals.aol.com/gdireneoe/thedailies

plieck30 said...

I like your explanation. Paula http://journals.aol.com/plieck30/Iwantedtobeacowgirl

cneinhorn said...

these are beautiful

~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

shadp said...

Wonderful spell-binding photos - you've got some lovely country around there. September, ah yes - 'season of mists and mellow fruitfulness'. I love it.

David.

memes121 said...

Beautiful pictures and words.

oceanmrc said...

I love Hocking Hills!

shaz19743 said...

Utterly beautiful and haunting pictures !
Thanks for your lovely comments on my journal and hey the answer is YES !
Im up for a little life swap action ....i'll take to the fields and you can have some fun in glasgow for a while .......i cant promise there will be ANYTHING left intact when you get back as i cant drive a scooter never mind a truck and once i get my feet under the table in that amazing house of yours its gonna take a crowabr to shift me hehe x