Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Storing Away Autumn

Today, in a panic, I spent hours searching for the last week of July.

The last leaves falling goad me into tidying up my mental year. It turned out that week was right where it should have been, but faded from being left out in the sun before I put it away.   I know that I should take more care with time and not leave it tossed into untidy heaps. Four years ago, I lost the Spring of 2001 entirely. I almost certainly sandwiched it between test print pages of a database on which I was working and later shredded it beyond recovery.    That will not happen with this fall.  Inspired by our resident Faux Cowboy, I went looking for Autumn and found it.

2 comments:

delela1 said...

Perfectly lovely Mary.  Eloquent and well said.  I've felt that way at times as well.

Dona

memes121 said...

Wonderful