Saturday, December 3, 2005

Great Free Material

It occurred to me this afternoon that the Bill Blather that appeared in Joe's journal could be a great source of material.  No effort journal entries!

Properly noted and attributed; it falls under fair use. I could write a months worth of pretend entries for this journal from just that one letter.  I might.

______________________________________________________________

"Folks,

[yammer, yammer,yammer] ....

 Thank you for putting this bump in the road in your rearview mirror. We're excited about moving on as well.

[...  yammer, yammer, yammer]

Bill Schreiner, VP AOL Community Programming."

___________________________________________________

I have not left J-land, and noteworthy is the fact that the bump in the road may be in my rear view mirror, but I perform a goodly amount of my driving in reverse gear, pushing a tanker filled with thousands of gallons of liquid compost.  Don't get all excited just yet.

3 comments:

shaz19743 said...

Ohhhh ive fired off my email reply to this schreiner schlep already ....his inbox is queitly smouldering as we speak no doubt .
Will it make a difference ? I have nooooo idea but as with all these things if no one emails and complains no one knows the extent of the anger .
Im staying here , i dont have the adds as im in uk but i was effected by the technical problems and the way its affected this place so that alone is enough to shoot some verbal ammunition at the sitting corporate duck .
I havent mentioned it in my journal simply because i dont have the adverts here so i felt it would be better to send complaints about the tech stuff and the effects its had on this community directly to the AOL bigwigs instead .
Ya can only try i guess x

xzasporated1 said...

ROFL.  We couldn't have written better comedy material if we had all worked together for hours.  

Bump in the road.  Too often a bump in the road is the person one's car has just mashed into roadkill.  But hey...it's just one person, so who cares, right?

Geesh.  I look forward to hearing more from the letter.  Uh...I mean from you!

~~ jennifer

shadp said...

So - what happened to Bank of America? Or, I guess the ads rotate huh. Bit like slow motion autosurfing. Who's the guy with the heart anyway? There you go - ads are generating extra comments for you!

David.