Sunday, January 1, 2006

Five Weird Things About Me ...

Only Five Weird Things:  What to choose -- what to choose.

1. I used to eat egg shells.

    This one is for my siblings who would almost certainly mention its omission.  And to clarify -- I have no memory of eating egg shells. There is only one instance that anyone can remember where, as a toddler, I took a dozen eggs smashed them on the kitchen floor and sat in the mess chomping on the eggshells.  So, this one should actually read; I ate eggshells once [and have never been allowed to forget it].

2.  I used to stand on only one leg or the other.  I remember virtually every photo of me as a child with me standing like a chubby stork.

3. I now "stand" by shifting my weight from one leg to the other, in a perpetual rocking motion. 

    Hey, I can still work a 10 or 12 hour day mostly on my feet and have no orthopedic or back problems!  I just cause the people that work with me to be slightly sea-sick.

4. I talk to the dogs using bad English.  For some reason, I presume that they will understand me better if I do.

5.  I have a serious case of fear of heights. Vertigo like you would not believe.  I can't stand on a chair without feeling woosey. The weird part:  if a ladder is tied-off at the top (with even so much as a piece of string) all is good, vertigo gone. 

Ok, people that are going to be victims of "Tag you are it" to follow.

 

Shaz http://journals.aol.co.uk/shaz19743/THEMEANINGOFLIFEBUTICOULDBEWRONG/    

Dona http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes/    

David http://journals.aol.co.uk/shadp/TheWayAhead/  

Tommy http://journals.aol.co.uk/ticklatowers/TheJabberwockyOfJuliusJones/    

The Journal Below was a result of a random search of Journals Based on the word "Ohio".  Fascinating Journal!!! "Nana" http://journals.aol.com/nanlynska/WhatWasIThinking/

 

Rules again:

Here are the rules; the first player of this game starts with the topic. Five weird habits of yourself and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals. Don’t forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says “You are tagged” (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours.

7 comments:

jcnspots said...

Eggshells, huh?  <G>  Can't wait to use THAT against you...... :-P

tommytickla said...

'I used to eat eggshells.'   What an ideal story title.....

Nice idea too. It'll be Wednesday before I get time though....

Interesting subconcious things going on here - those things you mention. I'll reserve the analysis though.....

Happy Yew Near by the way.

shadp said...

Aaaargh - I've been tagged! Always wondered what being "tagged" meant. I like the chubby stork method of using only one leg at a time - makes a lot of sense. And it's obviously paid off too! Oh well, better get on and narrow down all my weird things to just 5 - won't be easy!

David

shaz19743 said...

Ohhh ohhhh i only get 5 weird things ?
Im gonna be in trouble then .....i got at least a million weird things .
Infact id be quicker doing 5 norma things hehe
Working on it as i type hehe x

shaz19743 said...

Finally did it Mary .....sorry i took so long x

thisismary said...

Yippie!! Yippie!  Screaming! Yelling!  Waving Hands in the Air!  Immediately running (ok, stopping here to comment first) THEN running to Shaz's place to see what she wrote!

delela1 said...

Finally.  And now you know...  Dona
http://journals.aol.com/delela1/BlueSkiesandGentleBreezes/entries/1292