Friday, January 20, 2006

Railroad Geekdom is catching ... it is.

Below is a linky to an entry in Mosie's journal [STOP -- CLICK -- READ!!!!!] 

http://journals.aol.com/mocephas57/MYCOUNTRYLIFEPart2/entries/683

Honest, if you don't come back, I don't blame ya, great journal!!!

Anyway, railroaders are an interesting, yet truly geeky bunch.  Unlike other geekdom (by the way I scored a healthy 39. something something on the geek quiz in Joe's journal and that was without a single railroad geek question being asked!) Ha!

Link to Joe's entry --->  http://journals.aol.com/journalseditor/magicsmoke/entries/986

Unlike other geekdom, railfans are otherwise normal people that get all misty over cho-cho trains.  Ask any child under 10 and their reaction will be, so what?  Trains are cool!

Trains ARE cool! 

That aside, why are you still here?  Did you go read Mosie's journal? ::tapping my foot with impatience::

3 comments:

plieck30 said...

Rode the train from San Antonio, Texas to Joliet, Illinois once. Had never ridden a train and just had to one time in my life. It was a fun thing to do. I sure miss the caboose when I have to wait for the train to pass here in our small town in South Texas. Paula

southernmush said...

Hi Mary !!! I have always loved trains. Once in a while here in Georgia we hear a train in the distance and I just love to hear it. I have always loved trains. The last time I rode on a train was when I was very little. I wish I could take another ride on a train. I am glad you shared this entry in your journal. I lovvvvvvvvvve this entry love it, love it, love it, love it, love it, love it.

Thanks again.........

shadp said...

I've always thought of geeks as people who sit at computers wearing John Lennon glasses and anoracks. A railroader couldn't be more different than that. They have overalls with sleeves rolled up, tattoos, and oily rags sticking out of their back pockets - and that's just the women ;-). Hope that old work-horse of a locomotive finds a good home.

David.