Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Tag! I'm It!

DrHGuy Tagged me ...  His entry here. Nine Categories; Nine Books

1. One book that changed your life -

Farm Boy - Archie Lieberman

A Photo chronicle of a Illinois farmer from the age of 13 to his thirties. Mr. Liberman caught the truth and unchanging nature of farm life.  I read that book in my early teens and said to myself, I want that. Because the best of farm life doesn't change I ended up with something very close to what I wanted.

2. One book you have read more than once -

Charlie and The Great Glass Elevator - Roald Dahl. 

Vermicious Knids. Ha! Who could NOT read that book over and over?


3. One book you would want on a desert island -

The Unabridged 2006 Federal Budget.

Tinder, Toilet Paper, building material, give me some glue and I could make an endless series of signal pinatas.


4. One book that made you laugh -

Never Eat Anything Bigger Than Your Head (and other assorted drawings) B. Kilban

Dirty Scaley Chicken Toes,

Harry Sticks Them Up His Nose.

Some things stay with you forever.

5. One book that made you cry -

Where The Red Fern Grows

I'm a sucker for dog stories, what can I say?

 

6. One book you wish you had written -  

Where The Wild Things Are - Maurice Sendak

Great Illustrations, adventure, new friends, forgiveness, love and hot dinner.


7. One book you wish had never been written -

Mrs. L. and I were of one mind on this one.  Go read her entry she said it better anyway.


8. One book you are currently reading -

Sigh, Blogs or books - I had to choose, not time enough for both.


9. One book you have been meaning to read - See above

10. Now tag five people -  I will, soon.

1 comment:

jevanslink said...

I often read blogs instead of a book.   Will our minds rot?    Mrs. L