Friday, August 18, 2006

Wanderings

Serious:     A week ago Wednesday the slanting evening light that turns the trees in wild dog woods to gold did not appear.  Instead, awfully, the trees were painted blood red.  I held my palm in the light, scarlet.  Just the setting sun filtered through gathering storm clouds, I told myself.  No storm that night, no indication of when ...

Silly:    Last two days the song "She'll Be Coming 'Round The Mountain" (verses one and two) has been running through my head.  Nonstop.  I almost called in an audio entry to record my thoughts - along with - perhaps - me singing the song, but as I happen to be tone deaf  I resisted the urge.

Segue:    DrHGuy has written several entries 'round about a Chanteuse - Anjani  and her album Blue Alert. The lady can sing, the gentleman can write, I must rise with the dawn tomorrow so off to sleep I go.

No comments: