Thursday, December 21, 2006

Sister A Puts Her Foot Down

Sister A sent me a note -- paraphrasing here ... get off your ass and write, when did you ever care what anyone said about you, you still owe us 2 weird things and no making AND wearing cloud pants does not count as one each. More or less what she said, more or less.

Speaking of more or less. In the future, this journal is going to be about walkies, weather, my version of family memories and thoughts that wander through my brain.  Dogs don't care what you write about them, the weather 'round here doesn't stay long enough to notice what anyone has to say, my sisters will let me know if I over embroider family memories and if I choose to prove that yes indeedy do, I went round the mental bend and right over the cliff edge long ago, well, it should also become apparent that when I hit bottom,  I bounce.

Right now I have this mental image of a beautiful grass edged cliff, blue sky, light breeze and every few seconds the sound of whoopin and a hollerin as a woman shoots skyward, does a summersault and descends out of view.

5 comments:

southernmush said...

Hello Mary !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Here are some of my thoughts on your entry: Whoever has something bad to say about your journal they seriously need to be voted off of the island with their tail between their legs. Your journal is one of my favorites and I would want that person to come and see me at my journal so I could share a few thoughts with them. I wouldn't ever want you to stop writing. No one can say anything bad about the things you write. I am behind you 100% and you can count on me to continue visiting your journal and commenting and I'm sure others would agree with me. Your fans including myself would like to say " WE LOVE YOU ". Thanks for being at J-Land Mary don't ever change. Take care.

gabreaelinfo said...

Happy New Year!

Gab

plieck30 said...

I'm so glad to see you are back. I can't imagine anyone saying anything bad about you or your journal. I agree with southernmush we here in j-land do love you. Paula

dizarra said...

It appears that you are worrying about peoples opinions way too much! I mean,
who is the journal for, anyway? YOU-that's who! I myself don't feel I need nor
want to write in mine each and everyday, and that's fine-but when I do, I don't
want to be 'picked apart' in any way; I'm tired of the same 'ol same old, you know,
what a lot of folks wrote, [everyday] "Got up early, fed the kids, dog, cleaned all
day, going to bed," zzzzzZZZzzzzz man o man, it's just boring stuff! I want different, yes, I love to read about pets, but not 24-7, ykwim? If you feel like
writing fantasy, go for it! The name of your journal is interesting, the name in itself
made me click on it, and it made me want to see what your about, sooo....tell
us/me a little bit about that farm! lol No really, I'm not telling you or anybody
what and when to write-hell-I only write once in a blue moon-and I like the encouragment I recieve, it's just sometimes I feel like writing, but I find it hard
to believe ppl want to read about ME, yk? They do too-no one cares what you
write, we want you to! Hope to see you around! Oh, by the way, I'm Diane from
New Jersey, you once left a really nice comment on my journal, and a nice message.
Peace~Diane~http://journals.aol.com/dizarra/StorysFromtheCityTalesFromtheSea/

krobbie67 said...

Just wanted to pop in and wish you a Happy New Year - belatedly. I'm glad to see that you are trying to still write. Last time I checked in, I was under the impression you had quit.

Fashionista I am not, but maybe you should try one of those bluetooth, or blueray, or some such phones that hang on your ear so you don't have to hang it on your collar. Or, you could do like me and not give a damn when someone calls and leave it in the bottom of your purse. I second your sister, what else could possibly be weird about you? Bring it on! :-) ---Robbie