Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Bless All the Dirty People (too)

Mike Rowe for Sainthood. 

What!?!  Don't look at me like that!  There are patron Saints for everything (except dirty people, I looked). 

It could be the fact that I was reading through some of my favorite Blog's tonight.  And ran across one that I bookmarked, meant to comment upon, but didn't.

http://journals.aol.com/jevanslink/AskMrsLinklater/entries/2007/03/23/the-mike-rowe-thing/2637

It could be my last entry.

It could be the fact that The Fella and I watch "Deadliest Catch" and keep asking ourselves how many times can we watch people empty crabs out of a pot and stay interested?  Forever, it seems. Shrug.

Mostly, for me it is because the TV show "Dirty Jobs" has made my life infinitely easier.  If , on the way home, I HAVE to stop somewhere, and I get the disgusted useless yuppie "look", I look them right in the eye and say "You've seen the show Dirty Jobs"?  I have one of those.  Instant recognition and almost always a laugh.  Once in a while, a particularly pasty, out of shape desk jocky flashes a look of envy, almost.  Bless you Mike Rowe.

4 comments:

jevanslink said...

Did you see the episode of dirty jobs where he sings the national anthem at a baseball game?  Wow.

Mrs. L

dr1hguy said...

Does your job on the sex toy panel count as a dirty job? Of is that the fallback position?

thisismary said...

DrGuy,
I believe the avocation of which you speak would fall under the "extreme adventure vacation" category, rather than an actual job. ;-)

~~~~~~~~~

Mrs. L,

I did not see the Dirty Jobs where Mr. Rowe sang the Star-Spangled Banner, I can barely contain myself when I hear his voice speaking.

southernmush said...

Hello !!!!!!!

I have to say that when it comes to doing a dirty job I have Mike topped on that one. I don't want to gross you out but I cleaned 4 floors today at work and on one floor I had to clean up an entire bathroom covered with someone's puke in which someone had gotten sick. I would send Mike running for retirement if he had to work with me. I don't think that he would want to spend a day with me because he would be screaming for help or the nearest exit after being with me. I do a dirty job and let me tell you we have to work with gloves, bleach and other sanitation equipment just to get through the day. Send Mike my way I'll definitely put him to work.

Thanks for sharing this.