Monday, September 26, 2011

I Had An Idea For A Blog ...


I had an idea for a blog.  One about life on a farm, in the mid-west from the viewpoint of a city girl moved out to the country.  That blog would include the best photos that I could take, slices of life, and sometimes recipes.  That was the idea, anyway.  That it turned out to be much, much more is a function of how lonely and difficult life out in the middle of farm no-where can be. Truth is farm life for women can be too many hours alone or in the too cold or too hot, all doin' what needs doin' until you drop with no  time or energy left over for dreaming.  Silly useless activity anyway, dreaming. But.

 View From A Farmhouse Window started with Kites and Dogs and almost Spring Air.  I wrote a memorial to my Father and a wooden boat on a river.  Mourned a loss.    Had a Mad Hatter Day.  One entry was devoted to Diesel Fuel and Dance Cards.  Then, of course, the railroad. I told an An Easter Story.   I talked about hunters (and I have no doubt that they are still talking about me all these years later).     Then a surprise substitution of trailer brake work for girly time  followed by And Then The Cat Fell Into the Bathtub.  I wrote about walks in Wild Dog Woods and how a good dog can make you believe in forever, and then I wrote about the day that I lost my beloved Golden (I re-read it again just now and I am crying again).  I poured my heart into View From A Farmhouse Window, because all too often out here, a gal just has to do it or break down.

As the years spun out View From A Farmhouse Window became where I went to remember, to dream, to talk to the fine people that stopped by.  I made some wonderful friends first on AOL, then here, then here and on View From A Farmhouse Window mirrored and more on my own site.  The photos from AOL didn't translate here, I didn't take the time to go back and re link them, but that doesn't mean that my heart wasn't in each and every one of those posts.  I lived for the time that I spent here.

Why on earth am I going on like this?  Before I started View From A Farmhouse Window in February of 2004, I did a search on the name to ensure that I wasn't stepping on anyone's toes. It was a great name for a Blog about farm life from the perspective of a city girl transplanted to the country.   I had it all to myself.  Did for more than half a decade.  If I wanted to look up an old post all I had to do was search on the title.

Just yesterday, to my absolute horror, I discovered that about a year ago someone had elbowed her way in, plopped her insensitive behind down in the middle of my world, put her feet up and made herself right at home.  No, I don't OWN the title View From A Farmhouse Window, but I do own http://viewfromafarmhousewindow.blogspot.com/  don't click it you are here already.

Perhaps it was just an "accident" that she decided upon a blog about life on a farm from the viewpoint of a city girl moved to the country with photos and slices of life and sometimes recipes.  Perhaps it was "coincidence" that she chose http://view-from-a-farmhouse-window.blogspot.com/ see the dashes inbetween? and that she titled her blog "View From A Farmhouse Window" complete freaking coincidence.  E-x-a-c-t-l-y  t-h-e  s-a-m-e b-l-o-g,    E-x-a-c-t-l-y T-h-e S-a-m-e N-a-m-e.  

I know that I am not fooling anyone, I have no doubt that she did a search, found view taken, then just added dashes between the words, because, well, you know, she wanted to use the name. I wish that I could say that her blog isn't beautifully written, it is.  I wish that I could say that the photos aren't top notch (almost commercial quality) they are gorgeous.  The thing is, as slick as it is, she stole my safe place, my heart and she did it on purpose. I am heartsick (and nosebleed angry). I can't do anything about the doppelganger blog, she is (barely) within her rights.  Maybe it is of no matter, can you imagine the Karma she has bought for herself?  The Karma Train runs in a circle and her Karma train is running 'round in a circle to hit her from behind.

Well that, and I can out write anyone (almost), I can take pretty pictures, and, clearly, I am the only View From A Farmhouse Window that has any creativity.


No comments: