Sunday, December 4, 2011

Controversy over the Proposed Hancock-Seneca Wind Energy Center


Controversy over the Proposed Hancock-Seneca Wind Energy Center ... is, what is that phrase? Oh. A tiny tempest in a very big teapot.  A whirlwind in a wash tub.  So far anyway.    


As I stated in my last post on the subject,   And when the wind blows ...  I am smack in the middle of the proposed wind farm.  I do not have a lease for a wind turbine, nor will I, due to the proximity of turbines on neighboring farms.  I am fine with the project.  We need to start somewhere in developing alternate energy sources.  


My plan is to comment on the entire scope of the project, as I will be able to see a great deal of it directly from my windows. As I said, I am in favor, but I intend to present an objective report from the view of an affected but financially  disinterested viewpoint.


The links below will take you to three articles on the project, all seem informative and fair.  The comments are interesting.  Mostly they are negative, and strangely familiar to the negative comments that appear for ANY project from which the complainers don't benefit financially.  Destruction of the environment.  Dead wildlife.  Sick headaches caused by (fill in the blank project).




Review Times - September 21, 2011
http://www.reviewtimes.com/Issues/2011/Sep/21/ar_news_092111_story3.asp?d=092111_story3,2011,Sep,21&c=n


Advertiser Tribune October 5, 2011
http://www.advertiser-tribune.com/page/content.detail/id/540842.html


The Courier October 5, 2011
http://www.thecourier.com/Issues/2011/Oct/05/ar_news_100511_story3.asp?d=100511_story3%2C2011%2COct%2C05&c=n

warmest regards

Mary

View From A Farmhouse Window



No comments: