Saturday, January 14, 2012

Catching up on January Jobs - Painting - Art - Cooking


Hey there folks!  January finally started acting like January and we have been snowed upon and frozen solid in the last couple of days.  No matter, it is Winter in Ohio.

One of the things that I like to do on snowy, cold days is to catch up on my painting.
  Not really what I had in mind either.  Still it was work that needed to be done, and with 2-1/2 days of hitting it hard, I sanded, primed and painted this old gal. Turned out ok. The pannels and the seat are not back on in the after photo.  Once she is done done (the Fork Lift needs some minor mechanical work too) I will post photos of her restored to her former glory.
As a side note, I had a few hours here and there (mostly while paint was drying and rather than watch that process) I skedaddled up to the studio and worked on a couple of my sculptures.
I call this Garden Art "Bird's Nest".  Mostly, because that is what it is. Modeled after a real Robin's nest it would make a dandy addition to your garden.  Click on one of the photos to go to my web store.  Bird's nest will be available for Spring and will sell for $20.00, plus shipping - drop me an email if you want to get on the reserve list for this new sculpture. mary@mwilsonsculpture.com
Oh!  And The Fab posted a recipe on the blog - truly it is worth trying. Link below.

No comments: